Sunday 30 January 2011

Is Bugs Bunny gay?


Urg, it's only been a day and I miss him :(

My brain is currently filled up to the brim with bullshit about homosexuality, stereotypes and animation at the moment. I always believe that no amount of research or theories will make people believe anything (look at religion for example). But still I have to bullshit my way through making some woman believe that I've got more then mush between my ears and that I can type 5000 words of bollocks neatly. Derpa derpa derpa. I have two days left and still about 3000 words to write. I don't think I'm going to get much done today as it's my Dad's birthday today along with travelling back to Bristol. Monday will be stressful but it's not like it hasn't happened before.

After talking intensely on the subject with PJ  I do heavily believe that stereotypes in everything is getting better. In comedy at least and animation can get away with a lot more on satirizing stereotypes. PJ pointed out Big Gay Al and Mr Slave for extremes of the stereotype but you don't have to look too hard to know that South Park puts the extremes on all of it's characters. Plus a lot of the episodes teach a little bit of understanding, underneath all the fucked up-ness. If you want to see bad stereotypes inforced check out Drawn Together. I like the idea of it but it IS fucked up and every freakin' joke is a gay or black joke *rolls eyes*. 

Back onto what this blog is about..erm..my Second Life! Yes! That's it. lol. We had our first Spankies management meeting on Thursday *le gasp*. Currently the place is going under a big re-design as a lot of the other twinkie/kiddie places have been starting to close down. We also had a talk about behaviour of some of our regulars which will hopefully be controlled along with some of the more heavy flirting. We don't want to police people but we don't want anything dodgy happening there and I think some of them can get a little carried away. Yes we're all adults but sometimes can scare people away if they see a little kid avie talking about something inappropriate. So anyway! re-designs are going under way and I hope PJ plans to through a big re-opening party...that would be sweet!

The MENStuff hunt starts today (well  it on the 29th to most) and I've decided to actually complete this one. I usually get bored or get too busy when I reach about 50 but this one I've decided to complete. Has nothing to do with the competition to win L$30,000 for designing to best looking avatar from the hunt prizes...hehe ok maybe. I think I'm a decent enough avie dresser to be in with a chance. That's if the competition is not stupidly elitist like some are here. Plus it means I can get my shopping kick without actually going shopping. Har! But this is all to do AFTER my essay hand in on Tuesday. 

Better get on with it..play me out Stevie!





4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.... did someone mention "Best Dressed Smexy as Hell" AV contest? Might just have to give ya a little competition on this one, babydoll! Miss you too.... hope to see you this evening! *muahs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, and shhhhh.... on the office computer at work.... heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always liked Bugs Bunny for some reason. Maybe because he always outsmarted the people who picked on him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I much preferred Bugs to any of the other Warner Brother characters probably for the same reason. Even those who tried to outsmart him ended up the loser.

    ReplyDelete