Wednesday 19 January 2011

*smiles*

Sometime back in October...

[2010/10/24 09:42]  River Airy: ohhh someone is here
[2010/10/24 09:43]  Derren Nexen: yay! \o/
[2010/10/24 09:43]  Derren Nexen: atleast it's not abandoned
[2010/10/24 09:43]  River Airy: nods
[2010/10/24 09:44]  River Airy: big guy
[2010/10/24 09:44]  Second Life: has given you this texture:



[2010/10/24 09:45]  Derren Nexen: Oooh he looks tastey
[2010/10/24 09:45]  River Airy: giggles


This was the first time I saw Tel. It was later that day I met him for the first time and he showed us round Tidra.

Who would of thought that 4 months later I would be engaged to this wonderful man.

We had spent the last couple of days really laying in stone our thoughts and hopes for our future and the insecurities we both have, brought on by self criticism , RL troubles and overcoming worries created by bad past relationships. Tel had been feeling guilty for spending a lot of his time building though I've told him a hundred times not to. Not only do I know that he's building to help raise funds for the homestead and his own peace of mind but it also urges me to get working and make money for our home.

But the last couple of days we've had some good "us" time and last night I thought was going to be another night of dancing, laughing and taking the micky out of eachother. We spent a good couple of hours just chatting in ims and wondering what to wear (because we're freakin women like that XD) He disappeared for a moment to find a store while, for some reason, I had got into a nice suit I had had in my inventory for awhile. He returned about 20 minutes later and gave me rose that played "Lay your Hands on Me." by Beth Hart. A woman with an awesome voice who Tel introduced to me before we started officially dating. We listen to the song over and over again and slow danced on the porch while the kittehs ran around us. We both got suited and booted and decided we were far too hot to just keep it to a quiet homestead. So we hopped over Hotlanta for some good ol' blues and more dancing.

Little bit later into the evening Tel told me to check my e-mail. Now considering we had only talked about partnership, weddings and waiting till things felt right the day before I really wasn't expecting it. But after waiting a moment for my e-mails to get in order there it was...a proposal. Of course I didn't think twice and clicked "I accept" straight away! What happened next really made me believe even more that I had made the right choice.

He requested the dj to play "You are so Beautiful" by Joe Cocker and I burst into tears. My heart literally overflowed. Considering my last relationship ended with me feeling like a monster I never expected to be loved or desired again. I'm not even sure he knows how much it moved me. And I had just got myself to stop crying when he gave me the song in another musical rose. Cue the waterworks again! lol!

When we first met I was on my knees both literally and emotionally. He raised me up to heaven and the stars shine twice as bright now he's in my life. I'm thankful for each day..no, each minute...no, each SECOND I spend with him. My confidence is coming back thanks to him and I can never do enough to repay the love and understanding he has given me.

I love you so much babes. Now and always. Thank you for making me so happy.

2 comments:

  1. *cue waterworks on this side of the Pond* Love you, babydoll. *all smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. joins in the sobbing, i am so happy for you both honestly. Love you and miss you.
    joshua/river

    ReplyDelete