Friday 7 January 2011

New Blog Design

I've wanted to change the blog for awhile but never really can settle with a look. I guess the murky weather is making me feel in a bit of  grey mood so went some wood kinda effect and altered an pic I took today.

"On the Outside looking Inworld" is a title I've had in mind for awhile. I always seem to be the kinda person who just stands on the sidelines and watch how things happen.

No much really happening recently. PJ wanted to know if I could be a full time dj but with the only slots being days I can't really do due to RL reasons I couldn't take him up on the offer. But the way the im went seemed like he was disappointed in me. Well sorry I have a RL!

I did the ol friend list clean up last night. It's kinda sad to look at a list and think "I can't talk to any of these people." I know I can be insanely shy when it comes to introducing myself to people or trying to continue friendships but a couple of people had started ignoring me completely, some I knew wouldn't talk because of others online and some were just too busy. Though one nice outcome came from it. Someone who I only met once made the effort to im me back and we started to get to know each other.

My social life is starting to deplete and on a virtual social community that's pretty sad. And with RL friends being less then socialable I'm starting to feel like a bit of a billy no mates. Maybe I'm finding myself being less trusting. I hate hearing the same ol "Oh you can im whenever, we can hang out" and then being completely ignored when I do. Damn I'm looking like a bit of a sad case right now. Do I really have no social life anymore?

Pics I took early.





3 comments:

  1. I'm a little shy to comment on your blog lol, duno why... but I just wanted to say that your post speaks loudly to me, I understand many of the feelings you are expressing here and have felt the same way often. SL, RL, it's all the same in the end when it comes to feelings.

    I stopped calling my SL friends list by that name, I call it a contact list because its full of people I will probably never talk to or they are there for reasons other than friendship. I do have a handful of people I talk to fairly regularly on there, but that's it. I think most people in SL will tell the same story too.

    And what I wanted to say also is that your photography here is really beautiful, and expressive. Full of emotion, I really love it.

    Spanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Spanks :) I should really start doing the same on calling it a contact list. Sounds less personal then "This is a list of aaaaaaalllll my friends!" lol
    And thanks again on the photos :> I'm not much of a photographer but I was pleased with these ones. Plus the awesome build of the sims were too good not to get photos of. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Derren - I have thought many hours on this subject too.

    I like your pics - except the last one looks like you may have a bad back ache. I wonder where the person to share the other cup of coffee is?

    I like your new blog layout.

    Take care and be well - your friend Rammy

    ReplyDelete