Tuesday 15 March 2011

Better then a rezday party.

Yesterday was my first rezday as Derren. I've never celebrated a rezday before and when you're on your second avie in almost three years it starts to lose a little meaning. But I'm glad I've lasted as Derren this long and hope there are many years to come :)

I've wanted to do something for the relief efforts that are going on in Japan at the moment. This seemed like the perfect chance to do something being that it was my night to DJ at Spankies. So held an event to raise money, a L$700 prize for best Japanese inspired outfit and all tips going to the cause. Of course everyone was insanely generous and at the end of three hours we had raised L$10,489 which comes to about $42. I was really moved by everyone's' generosity and made for a much more fulfilling rezday.


Thank you again to everyone who came and donated their lindens :D


My outfit...always classy :P


The donation jar!

I did however return to the homestead to find Tel had bought me a rezday present. I think I only really told him and Cat. I felt kind of bad because I didn't get anything for his rezday. Which I didn't forget I just didn't know :| As I said before I've never really seen rezdays as that big a deal. He bought me two really cute music boxes. One that is the same as the one from Labyrinth that I can hold and another that fits perfectly with the other ones in the music room and I love them both! There's something so delicate and magical about them. Plus I had an old bear when I was a baby that played "twinkle twinkle little star" in the same sort of music box sound that is always very comforting to me. 


All in all it was the best rez day I've ever had :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment