Wednesday 15 December 2010

SL and RL happenings.

For some reason I didn't sleep too well last night but had to get up to do some voice recording for a friend. This song was in my head when I got up. Beautiful animation.


Thought of You from Ryan J Woodward on Vimeo.

The sad news of this week is the planned closure of Tidra at the end of the year. We had always been told that if there wasn't enough people using the place by the end of Christmas that Franzi wouldn't be able to hold it open financially. I've haven't been there really since I gave up my spot as a slave which I feel bad about. I enjoyed the time I got to RP there but being a slave really wasn't for me and I don't think I was a very good one anyway. What mostly makes me sad is the time and effort that was put into Tidra that now seems to have gone to waste. A long summer of sweat and tears went into that place and to see the efforts not become fruitful is a sad thing to witness. I don't know the full story to everything so have no right to comment really. I'll be sure to head there to take pictures and videos before anything happens.

We lost another DJ at Spankies. Seo usually has a hissy fit at something and then comes back a couple of weeks later but this time however it's due to RL busyness and that can't be helped. Rustie and I talked about replacements and said we will ask around after Christmas. At this time of year no-one really wants to commit to anything and I can only REALLY commit to any day besides Fridays and Saturdays. Something that did get me wondering was when Rustie questioned on why I hadn't been told but he had. I'm meant to be PJ's right hand man, at least that what we were told to believe. I didn't receive any im about another DJ disappearing. Rustie got one because he helps manage for the American time zones. It makes me wonder why PJ ask me to help him manage the club when really all I do is stand in for DJs who can't make it. I went on and on about decorating the club for Christmas and one time I even got the reply "We'll do it a week before Christmas". I was looking forward to decorating the club and when I tp'd one time to find he had already done it I felt my heart sink a little. It's his club, he can do what he wants but don't ask to help if you don't really want me to!

As for RL the only thing thats got me ranting is my flatmate Lucy. I feel I'm going to say words soon that will upset her but seriously...she is being a twat at the moment. She found out just over a week ago that he boyfriend had cheated on her and a little after that that it wasn't just the once. If you want to give someone a second try then that's fine. However don't come to me saying you're making sure you take it slow then the next time I see you see you draped all over him. Talking about the nice things he's bought you and say things like "I told him he couldn't buy back my trust but....(insert something here involving flowers or crystals). It's just made me lose all respect for her. Another of my flat mates has gone on anti depressants and she NEEDS those. She's in a bad place right now and I'm happy to see her get her getting help and am extremely proud of her even though she really doesn't like putting drugs in her body. Lucy on the other hand DOESN'T NEED anti depressants. But still as soon as she saw my other flat mate go on them she had to have them as well. I had to bite my lip yesterday when my flat mate asked her jokingly "What flavour are your pills?" and the temptation to say "placebo flavoured" was very hard to hold back but I did. She's feeling down and could probably do with someone to talk to professionally but she's a drama queen. She has to have something in her life happening for the attention from everyone else. When I got counselling I didn't want anyone to know. I told my close friends but that was about it. She feels she has to let the whole world know it facebook statues, livejournal entries etc etc. She revels in having hardships in life and makes sure all of us know that her situations are unbearable...until her cheating boyfriend buys her roses and suddenly she's all dandy. I just don't want to talk to her any more. I just want her to grow up. Or maybe these pills will help her calm the hell down and make her think sensible besides from just 'me me me' all the time.

Lastly the race for Christmas No.1 goes on. Last year the usual X Factor bollocks was pushed to number 2 because of a campaign to get people to by 'Killing in the Name Of' by Rage against the Machine. Not very Christmassy but a sweet sense of justice. So wonderful that downloaded singles are counted in the charts.



This year there's been plenty other songs that are trying to achieve the same affect along with X Factor giving it another go with the same rubbish cover they release every year. This one however is getting my vote this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment