Tuesday 26 July 2011

Graduation.


Well, I'm fully graduated from University now. Yes I'm the dopey one in the middle trying to look intelligent. lol. The day was sort of...odd for me. It was hard to explain. After some thinking about it I came up with a couple of conclusions on why it felt strange.

1) When I see people graduate on a scale of this grandeur it's always for something academical. Like science or law. Filled with nervous and tense exams and long papers. I spent 5 weeks on a animation about a cat and a magpie. I kinda felt like..I've haven't done anything to deserve this.

2) Having to look after BOTH of my parents (who have been divorced for well over 15 years) especially my Dad who you could tell would rather be at home watching Star Trek.

The number one reason being the most. I'm not using this as an emo trip and go "Ooh woest me, I didn't do anything" and it's not me trying to be modest or humble. I've been told over and over again that I worked hard and that I should be proud and I am. I had a really tough year in my 3rd year with a lot of crawling under my covers and wishing it would all go away. Real life was hitting my harder then it ever had before and the split with my partner didn't make it anymore easier. Yes...with all the stuff I was going through I did work bloody hard...but I still don't feel I deserved the robes. It just felt weird to me.

On another note I was suprised that Tel had actually thrown me a last minute graduation party at CI. He mentioned a "suprise" to me the night before but didn't think much of it. I had been feeling rubbish due to cut hours at work and feeling they we trying to push me out. Tel really lifted my spirits and, of course, I cried like a little nancy girl until I laughed. It's just another reason on the long line of reasons on why I love him so much. I didn't take many pictures but here is a couple.




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story - and in my opinion "dopey" is a lot more valuable and interesting to the world than being a Hollywood movie star or something like that. I wish you well in your life and hope that it is rich with experiences, stories, people, and adventures. I am sure you will find much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rammy :) I hope everything is ok with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats now Dr. Dee! *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg too cute, i never seen rl pic of you before! YAY!

    ReplyDelete