Tuesday 18 October 2011

The Flesh Game


A few people on my Facebook page had been raving about this even before it opened. I'm a little sceptical when it comes to interactive games and experiences on SL. I think the only decent ones  I've been to is Bryn Oh's sims and this really cool ghost train I went on last year. Though the concept of the Flesh Games really interested me. It's front, a reality game show but as you travel deeper the more gruesome things get as your fellow contestants are picked off one by one.

The story is morbidly fun and the sims which you travel through are wonderfully made. But like popular sims there is a LOT of lag. Not just from how many people there can be and paying no attention to then fact that their prim count is probably in the buhgillions! But also it's rather script heavy, especially towards the end. Plus you'll also get some dickhead smashing away at a keypad that you're trying to enter a code into so you can go on to the next bit!

Here's a few tips of surviving The Flesh Game.

When you enter the building and sign in at the front desk you will get a mobile phone and badge. You need to wear the mobile phone as it's your hud through the game. However the badge is just for decoration. You NEED to wear the hud as it's your communication through the game and stores much needed items. If you don't the game is gonna be a bit crap.

You're given a big long notecard on everything you need to do. Here's a quick summary.

  • Wear mobile phone hud
  • Take off unnecessary huds and lights (e.g Face lights). Seriously. No-one cares that you skin isn't shining.
  • Turn on Local lights (in preferences)
  • Put down draw distance low but not too low (It says in the note to put it at a minimum but I was finding things weren't rezzing and was ruining the lovely build.
  • Turn to midnight
And then you can skip on your merry way to impending torture. But before you travel to the Carnival Set (as instructed) look EVERYWHERE because there are freebies! Lots and lots of lovely freebies. EVERYWHERE!!! and I mean..EVERYWHERE! Though more for the ladies there is still plenty of unisex stuff to keep the men interested. Look out for small wooden boxes, tool boxes, blooded paper cups and candy floss along with other things scattered around all the sims.

Tel and I enjoyed our experience. I think we both got a little miffed towards the end as the lag started to hit us hard. Plus the amount of brightly coloured swirly things at the end was making Tel's head hurt. The ending felt like a little bit of a cop out but that might of been the fact that we were already tired of the lag which of course isn't the creators fault. All in all I think they did an awesome job and hope to see more interactive games like this is SL! I would recommend though going on your own and when it's a bit more quieter. I think it would make it that little bit more scary if you were the exploring alone. That or get a group of you and get in a private voice chat as you explore. See who can make it to the end first or who can collect the most prizes


Mmm meat!

Speaking of prizes I was able to go through all the goodies I picked up earlier today. Here's a little taster of what you can find.


Onward Batty!







Beautiful :>


Ok...maybe not.


I think a got tired of trying everything on and ended up with this :/


And now I'm the undead. The end!

Now that I'm dressed as a zombie and have left a reality show I was in the mood to watch Dead Set. I feel so sorry for anyone who doesn't live in the UK and hasn't had a chance to watch this. It purely brilliant and one of my fav zombie movies (even though it's set as episodes). The fact that it feels realistic (to me anyway) just makes it extra scary.





No comments:

Post a Comment